Go Starry-Eyed for Space in Webster, TXPosted on
Just outside of Webster, TX, in the Houston-metro area lies an amazing place where locals and visitors can learn everything they ever wanted to know about the history of space exploration. If the idea of touching a moon rock, gazing upon the Apollo 17, or using self storage to create your own home observatory puts stars in your eyes, visiting the Space Center Houston is one adventure that you don’t want to miss.
The Space Center Houston Experience
The Space Center Houston has more than 400 things to do and see, so it’s wise to plan your trip beforehand to maximize your experience. Here are a few unforgettable highlights that we recommend.
- The top attraction is called the Starship Gallery. It’s home to most of the center’s space artifacts, containing the Gemini V, the Faith 7, the Apollo 17 and the Skylab Trainer Module where astronauts first underwent training. You can even touch a rare, genuine moon rock inside the Lunar Vault.
- The International Space Station Gallery offers live presentations, displays of space hardware, and various artifacts.
- The Kids Space Place is an area designed to entertain and educate children through colorful interactive exhibits.
- For a behind-the-scenes tour of the Johnson Space Center, take the NASA Tram Tour. The loading area information screens will tell you what locations are on the tour for the day.
- Visit Boeing’s Independence Plaza to see the NASA 905, a shuttle aircraft carrier that includes a replica of the Independence shuttle mounted to its top. The international landmark also features many unique exhibits related to the Space Shuttle Program.
- Browse the Astronaut Gallery to view the world’s most impressive collection of space suits.
- Discover what astronauts experience in the exciting motion simulator rides.
Storage Units Can Help You Create a Home Observatory
With so many amazing things to do and see at the Space Center, you may find that you just can’t get enough. In fact, you may even want to bring the excitement home by creating your own home observatory. It’s not as difficult or as expensive as you might think. With a great telescope and a little elbow grease, you’ll have access to the stars whenever you like.
Storage Choice Self Storage Makes It Easy
Whether you’re clearing out old lawn furniture to make room for an observatory or you just need more space for your astronomy collection, Storage Choice in Webster, TX has clean, affordable storage units to meet your every need. Visit us today to explore our flexible self storage options.