Self Storage Can Help You Succeed With Your New Year’s ResolutionPosted on
Have you considered how your New Year’s resolutions can be furthered by using self storage? Texas company Storage Choice has some suggestions. What were your resolutions, anyway? Whether you’re looking to lose weight, become more active, get organized, or you have some other goal, a storage unit is a valuable tool that can help you reach your goals. Here, Storage Choice, the self storage Texas trusts, offers some simple suggestions to help you tackle your resolutions and succeed.
Tips for Tackling Your New Resolutions
- First, choose the right resolutions. Put some serious thought into your decisions, and then choose only one thing to change. Choose a resolution that will help you to grow personally. Write it down, so that it becomes a tangible part of your world.
- Whatever your goals, make them specific. Abstract goals are difficult for your brain to process, which is why many New Year’s resolutions fail. To help your brain to latch on, make your goal specific and easy to understand. For example, don’t just say you will eat healthier; decide to eat a certain number of servings of fruits and vegetables each day. Instead of saying you’ll be more organized, set a number each week of items you will discard or take to self storage. Texas residents, rather than saying they want to be more active, might pick a specific activity that is popular in their region, and make a plan to do it a certain number of times each week or month.
- Be realistic. Don’t plan to lose 10 pounds a week, but rather, plan the steps you’ll take to live a healthier lifestyle and take off the excess weight. If you’re a coach potato, planning to run a half marathon by spring is unrealistic. Instead, examine your goals to make sure they are actually attainable; that way you will be less apt to become discouraged and quit.
- Accountability is important. Have a partner, join a support group, announce it on Facebook, do whatever works for you, but choose someone (or a group of someones) to hold you accountable. When you know someone is cheering you on and watching your progress, you’ll be more likely to succeed.
- Set deadlines. Break your goal into manageable steps, and set dates to accomplish each step. Reward yourself when you accomplish these smaller goals, taking care to use rewards that don’t derail your progress. Having small, easily reachable goals will help you to stay focused and committed to making positive change in your life.
- Have fun! This is a goal that may be helped by using self storage. Texas is so full of wonderful outdoor recreational activities that if your goal is to lose weight or be more active, you’ll be sure to find a sport or hobby to help! All the new gear you’ll want to buy? Keep it in your storage unit!
As of 2013, Storage Choice has locations in many cities and towns, and one reason it’s the self storage Texas residents trust is that these locations are consistent across the board. That means the self storage Carrollton residents use is just as dependable as the self storage Arlington trusts. Self storage Ft. Worth uses is up to the same standards as self storage Stafford enjoys, and the self storage Pearland residents utilize is equally good. This kind of consistency makes it easy to find the location that’s right for you, so you can concentrate on keeping those New Year’s resolutions! Stay focused, make small goals, and use tools that you have at your disposal, like self-storage.