No Basement? No Problem. Self Storage Can Help.Posted on
You don’t find many basements on the Texas Coast. Most houses don’t have them, but that’s actually a plus when you live in this part of the state. It’s also one of many reasons natives here in League City, TX use self storage facilities to keep homes decluttered and garages clean.
Dirt, Bayous, and Warm Winters
Folks from out of state wonder how folks in southeast Texas get by without basements. We wonder how anyone could make our clay soil get along with that kind of construction. The dirt around our homes expands in rainy seasons, contracts during dry spells, and makes it hard for a foundation to hold its own.
Heavy rains and warm winters factor in too. Downpours send Robinson Bayou out of its banks and into the streets. Our winters rarely come with freezing temperatures, so we don’t need to protect pipes below ground in a basement.
Humidity, Bugs, and Boats
We do need to make up for that lost storage space, and coastal natives make the most of affordable self storage. While there are good reasons for not having basements down here, there are even better reasons for keeping your belongings safe in a nearby storage facility.
- Climate-controlled units keep humidity at bay, preventing mildew from growing on your stuff.
- Modern facilities are always kept clean, so you don’t have to worry about bugs and rodents invading your unit.
- On-site security includes professional management teams, electronic gate access, and 24-hour video surveillance.
- With a great range of unit sizes, you can lease as much or as little space as you need.
- Even if you had a basement, it wouldn’t offer drive-up storage for your boat or RV.
Convenience, Affordability and Online Management
Leasing a unit is easy. On-site storage consultants help with everything from moving trucks to shelving for storage units. Month-to-month leases are very affordable, and long-term storage is always a bargain. You can browse unit sizes, reserve space, and even manage your account online.
Multiple Locations and Plenty of Space
You don’t have to dig deep to find plenty of reasons for enjoying storage units on the Texas Coast. You also don’t have to go very far to find our amenity-filled facilities here in League City, TX. Storage Choice serves Galveston and Harris counties with multiple locations, so we always have plenty of space for you.