Get Your Paws on a Puppy for National Puppy DayPosted on
March 23 is National Puppy Day, and the Dickinson, TX humane society hopes that you’ll celebrate it by taking home an adorable, sweet canine companion of your own. This month, your friends at Storage Choice in Dickinson, TX are sharing great reasons to make a shelter puppy part of your family.
Six Great Reasons to Get Your Paws on a Puppy
- Your stress levels will drop. Research has consistently proven that owning a dog reduces the production of stress hormones, fights depression, and improves mood.
- You’ll get more exercise. It’s easy to make excuses for not going to the gym, but when it comes to his daily walk, your dog isn’t going to let you off the hook so easily. Walking your dog is great exercise for both of you. It will improve your overall physical and mental health.
- Your heart health will improve. Dog owners have lower heart rates, blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides. Studies show that they’re more likely to survive a heart attack than non-dog owners.
- You’ll have a great home security system. Dogs can hear noises that we can’t detect, and their keen senses will alert them to intruders. A barking dog is a great crime deterrent.
- Your kids will have fewer allergies. Studies have shown that growing up around dogs makes a child less likely to suffer pet allergies, and the effects may be lifelong.
- Your dog will improve your social life. When walking your dog, you’re more likely to get attention from other people, especially other dog owners. Such a meeting could turn out to be a match made in heaven.
Adoption Saves Lives
Millions of homeless puppies sit in shelters across the country, and Dickinson, TX is no different. These animals have never known companionship, security, or love. Sadly, many could be euthanized due to the overwhelming number of unwanted pets and the lack of space or funds to take care of them. You can change the fate of a loving, loyal puppy by adopting from your local shelter. In fact, you don’t even have to leave home to get started. Check out all of the wonderful puppies available on the Dickinson page at Adopt-a-Pet.com.
Storage Choice Can Save Your Furniture From Puppy Teeth
A new puppy is one of life’s greatest joys, but it comes with a few challenges. It’s perfectly natural for puppies to chew, and until they’re trained, they may chew the wrong things. Fortunately, storage units can solve the problem. If you’re worried about protecting your furniture or other belongings, place your items in storage until your pup has learned the rules. To find clean and affordable storage units, visit our Storage Choice Dickinson, TX location page today.