How to Properly Organize Furniture in Your UnitPosted on
Organizing your self storage unit properly is the key to fitting as much into it as possible, and is also a big part of protecting your furniture. Knowing a few expert tips and tricks can help you not only make the most of your space, but also keep things in good condition while they’re being stored. Here Storage Choice, the self storage Texas trusts, offers some advice for organizing your self storage unit.
Storage Unit Organization Tips
- Never store a sleeper sofa on its end. Sofas that are not sleepers, however, can be stored on end, to save space when you’re organizing your self storage unit.
- Most chairs can be stacked seat to seat. Before storing, remove as many cushions as possible.
- Remove bed and table legs, and put screws and bolts in a plastic bag. Attach that bag to the item, and wrap the item in a pad or blanket to prevent scratching. Any glass table top or mirror should be stored vertically to prevent breakage.
- Don’t neglect to consider breakage when organizing your self storage unit. Protect electronics by using the original packaging whenever possible. If original packaging is not available, wrap the items in paper to keep out dust, then in bubble wrap before placing in a box.
- For appliances, wrap cords tightly, and duct tape them to the appliance. Store appliances upright against the wall, and consider removing refrigerator and freezer doors, for safety. Washer hoses and dryer vents should be removed and stored inside the appliance.
- Antique furniture requires special protection. Make sure it’s properly wrapped, with bubble wrap or blankets, to prevent scratching and other damage. Whether your furniture is antique or modern, though, a climate-controlled unit is the best place to store furniture.
Storage Choice offers climate-controlled storage units that are easily accessible and protected by state-of-the-art security. In addition, the professional staff is friendly, helpful, and committed to customer service. Visit the website for more information, including more tips on organizing your self storage unit. If you need a self storage unit for your furniture, give us a call and we will help you find the right size unit for you.